Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hey there y'all.

What an adventure it was to join you guys in this project.

I think it will take me about two weeks to cover everything that happened and share with my fellow teachers and students.

Trying to speak Russian to the Taxi driver when arriving in Kaunas, and not being sure if we were delivered at the right place since it was so dark.

Go through five stores to try and buy a towel but because I could never pronounce the word: rankšluostis right. Meaning towel. And some of the guys said that my name was probably made up by allowing a cat to run around on the keyboard.

Being served everything with a potato in it. And even a dish of beef, disguised as two potatoes.

But over all I must say that meeting such a happy and helpful group of people, willing to devote their time to complete strangers just to make their day and be only rewarded with seeing them smile.

I am getting all mushy here. So thank you this fantastic visit and I hope to have the chance to visit again. Best regards from Iceland


P.S. Our polar bear, Fluffins, says hi.

2 comments:

  1. We also want to thank you for your excellent ideas, heartwarming company and the stories which made us laugh until we burst into tears. Hugs and kisses to Fluffins! -Estonians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, you guys were (and of course are) awesome.
      -Icelanders

      Delete