Tuesday, January 27, 2015

AČIŪ, LIETUVA! Thank you Lithuania!

19.01-23.01, Kaunas
VOLUNTEERING IS NOT A WORK, IT IS A LIFE STYLE!
Nordplus project participants this time were hosted for a mobility week by Karaliaus Mindaugas Vocational Training Centre in Kaunas, second biggest town in Lithuania.
The target of activities was to discuss and show the value of volunteering to the backbone of community- young people. It was a lesson of life studies for many of project participants.Sharing is caring-that we all felt during this week in Kaunas!
In addition, reflections from Finnish students:
Trip to Lithuania was the best of memories. When we arrived in Lithuania we were very well received, and I really felt myself welcome. We hopped into a taxi and during the entire trip I was watching the scenery, I have to admit Lithuania is a really beautiful place! I want to go there again one day!
This trip was very useful, because the plans of my future are quite clear, I want to do something international job. I also learned that the only home living is not enough, but have to travel to many countries if you want to understand the meaning of life, and I learned that there is hope in humanity, there are people who help lonely or disabled people from their bottom of the heart. 

On behalf of Finnish team,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment