Thursday, April 9, 2015

Team Finland 2015

Self - presentation

Hello! My name is Niki, I am 18 years old and it's my second year at the social and healthcare school. I live in Finland at a city called Porvoo. We live in the countryside close at the sea. I love living at the countryside, I love cats they are my favorite animals, mostly of the time i am on computer and my old hobby was swimming but I am not so interested in it anymore. I am looking forward to meet you all and I hope we will have a grate time.


Hello everybody! My name is Teemu. I'm 17 years old boy from a city Mäntsälä in Finland. I have quite big family. I play ice hockey. I've played hockey for about 10 years. And this is my first year at the social and healthcare school in Porvoo, Finland.








Hello, my name is Anastasiia. I am 21 years and I'm from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. I have been studying business and administration at Porvoo International College in Finland since 2014. In Russia, I was living with my parents. I really enjoy traveling, photography, and communicating with new people.







This is our school in Finland



Our essay

Hello everyone! We are going to tell you about the racism in Finland.
Sadly there is also racism in Finland. Usually the racism is related to skin color, religion and/or immigrants. The target immigrants are usually from Russia, Estonia, Somalia or Yugoslavia. There are about 30 000 immigrants in Finland. Of course,everyone in Finland isn't racist. Finnish people have slowly become used to immigrants and we are just getting used to live with them at the moment. Finnish people have a lot of prejudices about people who live in different countries or have different religions. Some Finnish people think for example that they will take our job places and money. There is some racism in Finnish schools. Usually it’s related to the same subjects that we mentioned before. Now Finland has started to act against racism in Finnish schools. Our college is an international School, there are 800 students from over 10 different countries and we all are getting along great without racism.

Our own opinion is that Finland's government does not take enough responsibility to change the amount of racism in Finland. The consequences of Finland's government inactive behavior with the topic of racism appears mostly in bullying and with jeer glances and gestures. Most Finnish people think its fine that immigrants move to Finland if they do honest work and play a role in society. 

How can we lower the amount of racism? We can complain to our own city's government about racistic behavior, we can stand up for the people who are the targets of racism and defend their rights and we can help them in many ways. For example, how to use different kind of services and help them to find a suitable job place.


No comments:

Post a Comment